200 Hr. Yoga Teacher Training Course-
April 27 - May 17, 2014
August 3 - 23, 2014
Yoga Style: Sadhana Yoga
We teach Sadhana Yoga- The Yoga of Spiritual Practice including Vinyasa and Hatha Flows
Our approach is contemporary and eclectic. We bring to life the ancient teachings of yoga through accessible spiritual lessons.
- Learn to teach two sequences: Vinyasa and Hatha flows
- Daily practice of Pranayama
- Understand many different Meditation Techniques
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology for yoga teachers
- In depth study of select Yoga Sutras
- Understanding of the history of yoga
- Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
- Introduction to The Business of Yoga
- Improved personal yoga practice
- Art of Teaching Workshops
- Regular peer-teaching starting day one.
- You will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
- Practicing yoga while listening to the soothing ocean waves (ujayi!)
- 3 Gourmet jungle vegetarian meals per day, mostly organic & local!
- Located in a jungle wildlife refuge, with pristine nature viewing and hiking opportunities
- Incredible variety of medicinal jungle herbs and fruits (over 200 varieties of fruits are grown on the property!)
- Raw foods workshop, with many raw culinary choices throughout the training
- Herbal Medicine Workshop
- Sustainable Living Practices and Intro to Permaculture Sessions
- Beautiful beaches to swim, play, surf, relax
- Experiencing Pura Vida!
Guided group meditation starts at 6:30am and is followed by yoga class. A Daily yoga lesson on theory and philosophy is weaved into the yoga asana practice and applied to our daily living. Yoga lectures cover yoga philosophy, yoga theory, yogic living, yoga diet, yoga anatomy, yoga and business, meditation, kriyas, and yogic healing. Permaculture lectures on soils, composing, seeding, fermentation and eco building will prepare the group for some hands-on permaculture projects. Daily Satsang (wise gatherings) in the evening allow the group to contemplate and reflect on our sadhana (spiritual practice) for the day.
Who: This Yoga Teacher Training Course is designed for prospective participants who fit any one or more of the following criteria:
- Foundation yoga teacher training course for people who are interested in pursuing RYT 200 hours level and become a certified yoga teacher. No prior experience needed.
- Individuals who have a long-standing yoga practice and who are interested in exploring the deeper practice of yoga incorporated with healing arts.
Typical Day During the Costa Rica Yoga Teacher Training
6:00-9:00 Guided Meditation/Pranayama/Asana
10:00-12:00 Ancient Wisdom and Yoga Anatomy
12:00-1:00 lunch and snack on your own (small portion please)
1:00-2:00 Healing Art
2:00-5:00 Art of Teaching and Alignment
5:00-7:00 Dinner and Self Sadhana
7:00-8:30 Ceremony and Satsang (Healing practice, kirtan, and reflection)
8:30-10:00 Quiet Time
Prerequisites for the Costa Rica Yoga Instructor Course
Our only requirement is that participants set an intention to devote their time and energy to make the course a success. The course is open to people with any amount of yoga background.
Before the Program: We also suggest that after enrolling in the course, that people complete the following:
1. Asana–We provide two videos of the flows that we teach. Practice teach flow at least twice before coming to the program. We will cover these flows in detail during the course, and it is great to be familiar with them.
After the Program:
1. Teaching–Teach 5 yoga classes and write reflections of them after complete the course.
2. Spiritual Reflection–Read a spiritual book and write a written reflection.
All work should be submitted to us electronically after the program.
Every five year you are asked to join one of our 3-5 day Teacher Reunion Retreat (of course you can come every year if so desire) at our Mystical yoga farm parts of the world, even online program.
Required Texts for the Costa Rica Yoga Certification
- SchoolYoga Institute Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sutra by Dennis Hill
$2,400 tuition for the comprehensive 200-hr Yoga Certification Course.
Food and Lodging
- Room and Board Package: $1300 at Punta Mona ($50 per night for extra nights)
- Housekeeping: bedding will be washed once a week during the training
- Getting to Punta Mona: Remember that once you arrive at San Jose (SJO) International airport it is still a half day journey to the farm!! For detailed information see: www.puntamona.org/getting-punta-mona
- Extra costs for day off activities (eg: Surfing equipment, Kayaking, Snorkling, Guided Hikes/Herb Walks, Spanish lessons)
- Transportation to the farm by boat at the beginning and end of the training will be free. However, if you desire to leave the farm by boat during the training the rate is $50 each way for 5 or less people, with 5 or more people the rate is $10 per person.
- Our yoga deck is steps away from the beach and comfortably accommodates 18-20
Questions and More Information
Cell: 541 231 8163
Students can expect to have a farm tour during their stay at Punta Mona. The staff at Punta Mona will offer a variety of adjunct workshops to deepen the experience of living in the jungle, moving down the Yogic and environmentally conscious paths.
Workshops are provided based on interest level and are time permitting.
- Plant Medicine Walks & Talks
- Intro to Permaculture
- Chocolate Making
- Thai Massage
- Essential Oil Chakra Cleansing
- Abdominal Massage
- Natural Body Care Making
- Medicine Making
- Flower Essences
- Plant Energetics
- Fair Trade & Sustainable Business Practices
- Field to the Plate Slow Food Cuisine