Permaculture is a multidisciplinary study, set of principles and ethics that offer a guideline and methodology to conserve and regenerate natural systems, intentionally design human settlements and maximize efficiency and while using less energy.
There are many course out there teaching permaculture! This is wonderful for the World!
If you are trying to chose one course over another, here are some reasons to do it at Punta Mona:
* We are a 20 year old permaculture farm with extensive food forests, so you get to see the progression.
* We are also a botanical collection of over 250 fruit tree species, over 150 identified medicinal plants and countless other roots, veggies, natives and naturalized species! Surround yourself in abundance!
* We have been teaching permaculture since 2001, our teachers have worked not only their own land, but have been a part of numerous other projects, so you get a broad perspective and experiences to learn from.
* We are off-the-grid, immersed in the wild, so you get to disconnect to deeply reconnect with the land
* We also teach from various perspectives, trying to pull permaculture out of the agricultural bubble and find ways it can be applied in other fields of study and practice.
* We are also right on the beach!!
March 7 – 11, 2018
May 22 – June 5, 2017 November 1 – 15, 2017 January 8 – 22, 2018 June 11 – 25, 2018 October 22 – November 5, 2018 Regenerative Lifestyle, Integrating Health, Practical Design, Community and Social Awareness Explore all aspects of sustainable practices by learning from those in the field. Course Taught in English and […]
October 19 – 22, 2017 Join us for a gathering of herbal and plant enthusiasts from the Americas to celebrate our diversity, learn and share experiences about the abundant plant medicines found in the Neo-Tropics. Costa Rica, a bridge between North and South America has diverse micro-climates where we can find temperate familiars and exotic […]
Herbal First Aid Clinical with 7Song & Envision Festival February 12 – 26, 2017 Tour Envision Herbal First Aid Clinic Punta Mona is happy to welcome back 7Song to the farm with an immersive field clinical workshop featuring practices and procedures for the practicing herbalist. This will be our third year offering this clinical experience! […]
June 6 – July 4, 2017 Permaculture Apprenticeship & Cultural Experience Practical implementation of permaculture design techniques and permaculture philosophy Following Lunar rhythms utilizing biodynamic methodologies to maximize productivity and health. Learn and work directly with expert permaculture designers and organic gardeners at Punta Mona while diving into the cultural experience with a homestay! All activites and modules […]
March 12 – April 4, 2018 Regenerative Lifestyle & Design, Integrating Herbalism, Community and Social Awareness Working with living plants and living people to cultivate resilience. This unique course melds two broad interdisciplinary studies, exploring the impact the health of our environment directly has on our personal wellbeing, specifically working with and alongside medicinal plants […]